Freedom 55 Million Dollar Shoot Out sponsored by BDO
This year we are pleased to host an opportunity for a contestant to win $1,000,000.00. Local are private and public clubs will hold qualifiers whereby contestants will have an opportunity to qualify for the final at Highland Country Club on Saturday September 15th at 4:00pm. Qualifiers will hit one golf shot and the winner will receive a European Cruise for two valued at $5000.00. The winner and 2md and 3rd closest qualifiers will then hit a shot from the 10th hole at Highland ( par 3 approximately 175 yards). If a hole in one takes place the winner will receive $500,000.00 and this years Charity for the Freedom 55 Financial Championship, Child Can will receive $500,000.00. Local area qualifiers will raise money for charity as contestants will pay a fee for each shot they take.
SHOOT FOR A “MILLION” CONTEST, OFFICIAL RULES
RULES & FORMAT
* Area golf clubs are invited to host closest to the pin competitions at their club on a hole of their choice prior to September 1st, 2018. The clubs may hold up to three events.
* Clubs may select the holes of their choice and the dates of their choice. Contest may be coordinated in conjunction with another club event such as a member guest day, during men’s or women’s league play or on a regular day of play. Winner’s information must be sent to Highland Country Club no later than September 1st, 2018.
* Highland Country Club will be hosting competitions prior to September 1st and will hold a further competition during the Freedom 55 Championship Pro Am event in Tournament Week.
* Participants pay $10 to enter. All proceeds will go to Childcan.
* Contest is open to any Amateur golfer 18 years of age or older. No golf professionals.
* The winner of each individual club’s contest will be invited to Highland Country Club on Saturday September 15th, 2018 to compete to win a European Cruise and an opportunity to shoot a hole in one for half of a $1,000,000 prize; $500,000 to Childcan, $500,000 to the golfer who makes the hole in one.
* Area clubs must collect all entry fees and submit to Highland Country Club. Cheques to be made payable to Childcan.
* This contest is being run by Highland Country Club, who is the sole party responsible for awarding the designated prize(s) to the verified winner(s) of the Contest, the adjudication of the contest rules, and any disputes relating thereto.
FORMAT FOR SEPTEMBER IS FINAL
EUROPEAN CRUISE – CLOSEST TO PIN COMPETITION
* All winners from each closest to the pin competition will compete in a further Closest to the Pin competition at Highland Country Club following the Saturday round of the Freedom 55 Championship on September 15th, 2018.
* Order of play will be drawn by lot. Each player will be given one attempt to hit a shot closest to the pin from a selected spot to a pin approximately 150 yards away. The player whose ball comes to rest closest to the pin will win a European cruise for two (maximum value – $5000) and an opportunity to shoot for the one-million-dollar prize.
* The players whose ball comes to rest the second and third closest to the pin will also have an opportunity to shoot for the one-million-dollar prize.
SHOOT FOR A MILLION CONTEST
* The top three finishers from the European Cruise Closest to Pin Competition will have a final opportunity to shoot for the one-million-dollar prize.
* In order of finish position of the European Cruise Closest to Pin Competition, each player will take one shot from a predetermined yardage on the 10th Hole of Highland Country Club. If the player scores a hole-in-one on the 10th hole, a prize of $1,000,000 will be awarded and split 50/50 with Childcan. Only the first hole-in-one on the 10th will be awarded the $1,000,000 prize.